http://www.one.org
The U.M. Post

Friday, October 17, 2008

Craze for Bags

By Michelle Ramaiah

Bags are used to carry items. Nowadays there are many types of bags and it is fashion, a trend among the youth. Some buy just to add to their collection while others change bags to match their mood or attire. Moreover, it is rich in tradition, is sturdy in construction and is attractively priced. Bags can come with brand labels, embroidered name, sorority or catchy university mascot logo or even team names. It is also a unique present for a girl’s graduation from high school and college. So lets see what some UM students have to say about it.

Anitha Devi Banuarilal, 21, English Literature Student

I sometimes carry this sport bag when I have extra classes and I change my bags according to my attire. I am not very particular about brands as long I like it. I prefer lighter colours which I think matches all my attire.

Choh Suet Wei, 21, Counselling Student

I love bags with patterns and colours. I usually change my bags depending on my mood. This sport sack bag is light and it easy for me to carry it everywhere.

Lim Meng Yah, 20, Accounting Student

I love this Jungle bag because it is so versatile; I can also use it as a sling bag. I prefer blue, black and white. Most of all, this bag is so spacious that I can fit all my stuff in.

Fairuz Syahira bt Yahya, 20, Science(Chemistry) Student

This is one of my favourite, the soft rattan with a big ribbon. I change my bags all the time according to my attire. I love light colours and I usually choose according to the design and trend.
Chye May Teng, 21, Counselling Student

I love to carry handbags so that I can put all my personal items and stuff for class. I usually choose the soft type and which is convenient to carry. I prefer bright colours.

Kuppu Subramaniam, 20, Accounting Student

I carry this everyday to class and wont go anywhere without this coach bag. I seldom change my bags and I prefer black and white. My brand would be M&G.

3 comments:

-L- said...

Bags... useful, but not as practical, take the loads of handbags snatch thieves occurring these past few years. Not only that, some people put their stuff such as cell phones in it. I don't see the purpose of it, if the cellphone vibrates but is stuck between things, then it won't be answered right? Then again i'm only a guy, hehe.. i don't use handbags, just bags.

Anonymous said...

I agree with lordson that it's dangerous to carry handbags with so many snatch thieves around. I have tried to reduce my bag size to just a small pouch but to no avail. I have to carry my purse, handphone in a separate compartment, a bottle of water, sanitary pad, tissue, lipstick and blusher. One day an old lady in my neighbourhood put her small purse in a humble plastic bag while shopping at the morning wet market. On her way home, a motorcyclist snatched the plastic bag. So I thought,..oh, what the heck...As for me, one a bag addict, always a bag addict. I have several unused bags in my cupboard. I wanted to match my bags to my attire but I ended up feeling too lazy to keep up with that. So my colourful bags are lying still in the dark.

Christopher said...

is it e\me or are most of the entries in the post from the female gender.

As for guys..
Bags.. since i came to uni in singapore i have about 4 bags - harvest sack, large traveling suitcase, back pack cum laptop bag, old sling bag for shoes.

so its more of practicality than look. After all .. guys look good either way...